Satya Nadella is addressing students, young achievers, developers and entrepreneurs in Delhi today on the role of technology in fostering a culture of innovation and accelerating India’s pace towards a digital future.
Here are the highlights
- It’s poetry and computer science, and I want to relate the two in the context of these big dreams
- Dilli k eek shaayar ne ek zamaane mein kaha tha, “Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, ke har khwaish pe dum nikle… Bohot nikle mere armaan, fir bhi kam nikle” (A poet in Delhi once said, “Thousands of aspirations such, that each aspiration takes your breath away… I had many dreams, but they still weren’t enough”)
- Now, my interpretation of that Ghalib saying changes every year.
- I learn something new… there are so many layers in there. Every time I read it, I feel as though I’ve learnt it again.
- But in my earliest interpretation I realized the power of what he was saying, which is, it’s not just your dreams being fulfilled, it is your ability to dream things that are worth dying for.